10 Mar 2010

Selfishness

My newest philosophy is "if I cant bike there, Im not going.": How flippin selfish am I! Seriously, I have a total aversion to going anywhere father than a stonesthrow from my doorstep if I can possibly avoid it. I just love home. Simple as that. As much as I enjoy travelling, I completely despise the big smoke, particularly familiar evils such as the place (with the second highest rate of respiratory illness in the world after Mexico City - although dont quote me on that) which starts with Auck and ends with land. I cant even pick what it is about going there that makes me want to gag so much other than I live in one of the happiest and most beautiful communities on the planet and am thankful for it everyday.

Anyway enough bragging. I also realised that there was a second element to my latest philosophy. I think I am becoming more selfish with my time. Rather than the yes-girl I have been in the past, I am much more selective now about who I spend my time with, and what I spend it doing. I dont feel like I am alone here and I guess most people come to a point where they realise what and who are important to them, and importantly MAKES THEM HAPPY! I am still adjusting to this new philosophy and often feel a sense of guilt for choosing one thing, activity or person over another but ultimately we only get one shot at this beautiful and way too short thing called life. And I plan on spending mine doing as much carefree adventuring, learning and sharing experiences with the people I love as possible.

C.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment