16 Jul 2010

slacker

Wow. So I haven’t written since APRIL. Disgraceful. And so much for my resolution to write twice weekly – clearly flushed that one down the giant white porcelain telephone. Anyway, I was trying to think of exciting excuses to the lack of material and here are some I came up with;


I made it into a reality tv show (insert Masterchef, Top Model, Mitre 10 Dream home here) and have been away filming and cant reveal any details as I have signed my soul away.

I am secretly a member of Daftpunk and have been away preparing for a new tour.

I am the anonymous modern street artist Banksy, and have been super busy doing some crazy political voyeur art in the Gaza strip.

I was ice skating and fell over and both hands were cut off in a horrific freak accident by an Olympian speed skater in training (a recurring dream I had as a teenager).

I have been away doing something virtuous like volunteering at a leper colony or chaining myself to a tree and throwing myself in front of diggers.

But in reality I just ran out of inspiration. Have been in a bit of a limbo phase, a friend of mine tells me she is having a “reflection year”, and I would say that kinda describes what I am currently experiencing. This is about to end with uprooting my life and moving across the Tasman to be with a human of the male species (*shock, horror, gasp*). But now these decisions have been made I seem to be compelled to write again and the dreaded writers block has vanished in the last few days! Hurrah.

So hopefully back into it in a big way and this wee blog which makes me feel like my life has substance will be enjoyed by someone out there on the interweb!

Cheerio.

C.K.

No comments:

Post a Comment